Thursday, April 23, 2009

Yummylicious

That's a new word I just made up. I was sitting at my desk taking my first bite of lunch, and that was my reaction... a swoon and "Yummylicious!" The fun part is that it was just leftovers (bean burrito with mozzerella cheese and verde sauce), but the combination of its simplicity, taste, and the peace and quiet of that moment knocked my socks off...

So that tells you how my week has been. How's yours going? T.G.I.A.F.? (Thank Goodness It's Almost Friday!)

Well, I've been pretty absent in the blogosphere lately. That's pretty much due to the fact of: a) computer problems, b) back-to-back-to-back-to-back events at work, and c) no time to sit still. That will be over shortly (two days), and then I get to take TWO days off from work. TWO! I'm bailing out of town, getting out of dodge, escaping, disappearing... T.G.F.V.T. (Thank Goodness For Vacation Time!). I'll let you know about it when I get back.

So, what's been going on at work to take up so much of my life (so it feels)? Well, to put it simply, in the span of two months, multiple fundraising events will have taken place- the last one this coming Saturday- that will collectively have raised just about $250,000 for the organization I work for. A QUARTER OF A MILLION DOLLARS! That's a lot of work! :-) But I love it, so I don't really complain too much about it. Besides the fact that I love my job, the kiddos I work for deserve the opportunities this money will give them, so that's just the bottom line of why we're doing what we do.

I promise to be more active in the future, so thanks for your patience!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I SOoo have an idea for you that you're going to LOV$!

Mermaids of the Lake said...

Yes, and you also forgot to mention the time it takes to write such an awesome article for us! Great idea and we are excited to share it in our upcoming (May 1st ) issue. Thank you! Hope your mini vacation was perfect.

Mermaid Debbie

Mermaids of the Lake said...

Yummylicious is the best word ever! Can Mermaids use that word, too? I know we'll find lots of opportunites to. Hey, I have to tell you, the article you prepared for Mermaids looks awesome! It will be live May 1st, so look for it. Love to you, Jamie!

~Mermaid Shelley

Jaime said...

Thanks, Mermaids! Looking forward to seeing it! :-)