Monday, May 11, 2009

BareMinerals- LOVE IT!

I took the plunge. Jumped in with both feet...

My old makeup got swapped out for new MINERAL makeup. And oh, how I love thee!

In general, I'm a person that doesn't like too much stuff in or on my body (i.e., I only take medicine when I HAVE to). I suffered from terrible acne during my teens and early-mid twenties and finally got it cleared up with the help of modern medicine... not to mention the fact that I have sensitive skin anyway. As a result, I am extremely cautious about what I put on my skin, and I research products before I buy them. I was in the market for some new makeup, and I started my search for makeup for sensitive skin. I started seeing more and more information on mineral makeup, and I LOVE the fact that TRUE mineral makeup is not loaded up with crap.

CRAP...also known as chemicals and toxins... that's what is in most makeup, and the WORST part is that the crap can cause health problems. I could not justify continuing my use of regular makeup products.


I switched to BareMinerals by BareEscentuals. LOVE, love it!! I enjoy having a natural-looking face after applying makeup, so this brand is a good fit for me. I also love the amazingly huge variety of colors to play with!

AND THE BEST PART IS... I've had NO problems since I began wearing BareMinerals. My eyes used to itch and burn like crazy with my other eye makeup, even though it was supposedly for sensitive skin.

Mostly, I just feel good that I'm doing right by my body and protecting it from chemicals and toxins.
Go check out Bare Minerals here.

3 comments:

Mermaids of the Lake said...

I've tried mineral makeup, but didn't have this exciting of an experience. Maybe I need to try a different brand. I actually purchase some from a reputable spa. Hmmmm, guess a big price doesn't mean a gret product! Thanks for sharing!

~Mermaid Shelley

Unknown said...

I have been using Everyday Minerals for a couple years now and LOVE it too!!! www.everydayminerals.com
I know, I know- how do you buy makeup online? They have free sample packs you can order to try to find your perfect shade (or shades, as the case may be with me). They have WAY more colors and finishes than Bare Minerals does, AND it costs WAY WAY WAY less. I love it :)

Jaime said...

Thanks for the tip, Erin! I actually haven't heard of Everyday Minerals before and will check them out.