Friday, May 1, 2009

My Getaway, Part 1

Some of you may know that I am currently on a well-deserved getaway for a few days. This has been my first opportunity in months to bail out of town and do nothing but wonder what I should do for the day... sweet!

I'm currently blogging from a Panera Bread bakery location. There's a few reasons for this:

  1. It's free (but I purchased an iced green tea).
  2. I'm going through Internet withdrawal (the hotel charges too much to use their services).
  3. I'm going through Facebook withdrawal (no explanation needed).
  4. My first article was published online today (see prior post for more info)!
  5. I don't trust myself enough to be out shopping alone! :-)
  6. I used to work at a Panera Bread location in Las Vegas (memories).

Anyways, I thought I would share an entertaining story with you today... a potentially humiliating and humbling experience from my point of view...

So, my friend and I were walking down a street after lunch. I was wearing a pretty new summer dress, and it looked cute. It's a nice sunny day, and I was admiring the warmth of the sun and mild breeze blowing around us.

Then IT happened.

We walked by a breezeway, the wind swirled way too fast around us, and I felt my skirt go a little too high... I tried grabbing at it to pull it down, but to no avail. There was too much cloth and too much wind swirling to prevent the inevitable from happening...

My bottom was exposed to the world!

Well, to look at the sunny side of things (ha!), it wasn't the whole world that saw my rear. It was just the oncoming traffic. Not too bad, right? RIGHT??

At any rate, my friend proceeded to point and laugh (gotta love her), and I just kept on walking... with the skirt of my dress firmly gripped by my hands. There would be NO do-overs on that show!!

Does anyone else have any similarly embarassing tales??

0 comments: