Thursday, January 28, 2010

Whoa

I don't know why, but this week has been a strange week of news. No, I'm not talking about the State of the Union address (I didn't even watch it). :-)  I've been hearing news from people about health issues in their lives, and it is making me wonder "What the heck is going on?" Co-workers, families we serve at work, people from my past... the news hasn't been good for them. I feel helpless at times; I want to say an encouraging word, but not something cheesy. I haven't experienced most of the situations they are in, so I don't really know how they are feeling or what they're going through. All I feel I can do is say a prayer (or prayers) for them, thank God for my own health and blessings, and seek to be kinder, more compassionate, and more perceptive towards others.

2 comments:

Mermaids of the Lake said...

Jaime, I know exactly what you mean. I have heard more news of serious illness and death than ever before. Strange. In fact, my own Grandma passed away a little over a week ago and while I am grieving and Shelley is helping me cope, her own uncle passed away too. Prayers and compassion are is a good aproach.

Mermaid Debbie

Jaime said...

Debbie, thank you for the comment. So sorry to hear about your grandma and Shelley's uncle.