Saturday, December 13, 2008

Ahhh, Saturday Morning!

I'm sitting here writing this as I'm drinking my homemade peppermint mocha and eating eggs and hash browns (yes, I know it's almost lunchtime but I love breakfast on Saturdays!). I am looking out the window and seeing white snow everywhere, covering the ground and trees- very pretty! The wind is blowing pretty hard so the snow is flying and swirling around. Brrrrr! Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to winter! Here's a photo of the current view out of my apartment window:



I haven't really blogged much in the past several weeks-- anything of major importance, anyway. I love, LOVE having down time in the evenings and on weekends. Having been in school for soooooooo (oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo) long, it's nice to finally have the ability to sit back and relax. My major projects have been Christmas gifts, making things for family, friends, and co-workers. In fact, I really feel that this Christmas should be more about simplicity, like homemade gifts, simple acts of service, and gratitude, instead of the usual tendancy to go for broke (literally) during the holiday season.

Life should be about acts of service and gratitude, anyway-- for the WHOLE year. C'mon, the whole reason why we even have a Christmas holiday is because Jesus Christ came to the world to serve His Father's children and show us how much they love us. At any rate, because of these thoughts, I'm seriously considering taking stuff back to the stores that I've purchased, and instead giving "meaningful" gifts.

What are your thoughts about Christmas giving this year?

0 comments: