Wednesday, December 17, 2008

S.N.O.W. STORM!

It took me 2 1/2 hours to get home from work tonight. Considering my normal commute time is about 25 minutes, GOOD GRIEF!! The Inland Northwest was hit by a big winter storm today causing a lot of folks to leave work early. Considering that I did leave early, and that there was ample snow and people on the road, I'm glad I finally got home... alive. The weather is so bad that the city has declared all roads technically closed- you can't go anywhere. I might not have to go to work tomorrow...

The saving grace tonight was the consideration and safe driving of others I shared the road with. The worst thing about winter weather is not the weather itself, it's the other drivers that don't drive safely. There were several instances on the way home when someone normally would have cut another person off or sped around someone, but there was A LOT of patient waiting. Of course, that doesn't mean that ALL people were courteous-- we still had those village idiots out driving.

Thank you, citizens of Spokane (especially those waiting with me on the Maple Street bridge), for your courtesy. Stay safe and warm out there! There's more to come!!

0 comments: