Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snowed in!

This is my first time ever being snowed in. The city has practically shut down-- emergency services only, all flights cancelled, and schools cancelled- making it an extra-long Christmas Break for us all! YAY!!!! My only concerns now are: 1. getting to the airport on Monday, and 2. actually taking off in the plane to Cali.

We have received about 2 feet of snow in the last 24 hours, which just so happens to be a record in this town. We have so much snow and nowhere to move it all to get it out of our way. I am watching the news as I write this, and it looks like there are more winter storms and an artic front from Canada on the way... snow for Sunday and Monday.

My roommate and I had to dig out her car in the parking lot of our apartment complex. We thought we would be smart and switch parking spaces so she can park closer to the apartment (where my car is), and I would move my car to the hard-to-reach space since I wouldn't need it while out of town (plus, I can't drive in this amount of snow, anyway). The task served as a good source of entertainment for a few hours. I thought I would post some pictures, but mind you, the pics don't do the situation justice!

Big truck pulling out another big truck that was stuck


That's my roommate by her car. DUDE, where's your car??


My neighborhood

Of course, I had to get a photo! I'm 5'2", so do the math!

The "monster" car we're digging out

Digging my car out from under the carport (notice the amount of snow on the hood)


That's right- TWO feet! No one can move in this mess!
So, we've resolved to the fact that we can't really get anywhere. The cars were getting stuck in the rest of the snow in the parking lot, so we finally gave up after two hours and came back inside. I'm still cold... Since Christmas shopping is mostly done, no worries there. It looks like we're left with watching our movie collection, Christmas baking, and BLOGGING! Enjoy what's to come.

1 comments:

Heather said...

Well, you did make it out of town AND your car hasn't been covered in snow again. It will be over the next few days though. Sorry, I don't think I feel like diggin' it out anyday soon. Have fun, be safe and do everything I would do!