Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Entertaining

I'm an event planner by nature. I was like this when I was young, always throwing parties for my friends, and it hasn't stopped yet! I have an undergraduate degree that focuses on event planning (from the BEST school in the world, University of Nevada, Las Vegas), and now I manage events for a non-profit organization.

While some may think that "events" are just too big and too much trouble, I say nay. To me, an "event" is just an excuse to celebrate everyday life! The special touches you add to dinner, a cake, a card, etc. go a long way from the norm and can turn anything into an event!

Why not try some new things this holiday season? Make a fun Thanksgiving centerpiece or place cards with leaves (real or fake). Make personalized gift tags for your Christmas presents. Have a signature cocktail at your holiday party (and goodness knows if your family is there, better open up the whole bar!). ::wink::

If you want some modern, out-of-the-box ideas to jazz up your festivities, take a look at one of my FAVORITE blogs, Hostess With the Mostess.

0 comments: